Submitted By: Golden Recipes Staff
AlMandi is originally from Yemen, it's one of the most lovable recipes in Yemen especially in Hadhramaut (one of Yemen countryside), the main ingredients are chicken, rice and carrots, our recipe is belong to Jordanian style, it's simply delicious, enjoy!
- PREP TIME :  Min
- COOK TIME :  Min
- READY IN :  Min
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 1/2 cups of basmati rice
- 1/4 cup grated carrots
- 3 tablespoons mandi spices
- 1 small green bell pepper, seedless & chopped
- 2 pieces of dry lemons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup of Almond ( for garnishing )
- 4 cups of water
- Aluminum foil
- 1 medium piece Coal
- salt to taste
- In a cooking pot combine chicken, salt, 1 1/2 tablespoons of mandi spices and one piece of dry lemons, stirring well then cover cooking pot using aluminum foil.
- Heat oven for 165 Celsius, place cooking pot for nearly 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked. Keep watching chicken from time to time and add 1/2 cups of warm water if chicken sauce evaporated.
- Wash rice then overflow it with warm water, letting it soak for 20 minutes before draining it
- In another cooking pot combine 2 1/2 cups of water, grated carrots, green bell pepper and one piece of dry lemons bringing it to boil
- Drain rice then Add salt and 1 1/2 tablespoons of mandi spices then add to the carrots and green bell pepper stirring well and cook over low heat for 10 minutes
- Put olive oil in a small plate then make hole in the middle of rice and Place chicken over rice
- Place plate in the hole and Put burning coal inside the olive oil plate. Close cooker immediately allowing smoke to come out to hit rice & chicken.
- Take out the olive oil plate after 7 minutes and perpare a large serving platter and firstly place rice then chicken
- Garnish with almond and serve